Archive for the 'Xbox 360' Category
A little while since I’ve posted on here the main reason - GTA IV! Since last writing I’ve finished my placement and I’m currently enjoying my summer spliting my time between the 360 and 3ds max! The 360 is winning at the moment so I thought I’d share a set of links I’ve found to be incredibly useful in gaining 100% completion. I’m at 90.08% currently with just a few side missions and the stunt jumps and pidgeon hunts left. Beware of spoilers at the sites mentioned below, personally I waited before playing through the missions before hitting the guides but thats up to you!
- IGN Interactive Map -A really good map based on the Google Maps engine and kept up to date by a big community. It shows nearly everything you need to find in GTA IV
- IGN GTA IV Wiki - This Wiki by IGN is the most detailed and well written source of knowledge regarding GTA IV. Kept up to date by the community, it has a comprehensive set of content including: maps, cheats, easter eggs & secrets, mission guides and more!
- GTA IV Vehicle Info - This was the most comprehensive list of all the vehicles in Liberty City I could find. It lists specifications such as top speed, acceleration, no of gears, weight, drivetrain etc.
- gamesradar.com Pidgeon Guide - The best guide to finding all the pigeons I’ve found so far. It includes a fully numbered system including a picture and description for each pigeon location, essential for finding them quickly!
- Hope they help someone…1 comment
Having just bought GTA IV I thought I’d play it upstairs on my 22″ tft screen rather than my usual TV downstairs, so I connected the 360 to my PC using a network cable and thought that’d do the trick… How wrong was I?!?
My current PC has Vista on it, so I thought networking would be a doddle, just bridge the connections a friend told me, however this wouldn’t work. It dropped the internet on the PC and the Xbox couldn’t connect to live. Later that evening after reading a lot of forum and blog posts I came to realise alot of people are struggling with this. I knew about ICS in XP so I assumed this would work without much hassle and to my surprise it didn’t work either! Vista gives the error:
“An error occurred while configuring Internet Connection Sharing” blah blah…
It took a lot of research but I found it was my router conflicting with the ICS setup. ICS forces your host pc to use the IP: 192.168.0.1 so if your router is already at that IP, you have a conflict. I simply changed the IP address of my router, and ICS would now work. My 360 passes all the connection tests and live works like a dream, plus I can now stream HD content from my PC to the Xbox through Media Centre effortlessly.